Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Getting in shape for my wedding, with a worthy cause

I have had a goal now for 2 years that I have not accomplished.  I'd like to run a marathon.  For those of you who know me, you know I run, sometimes.  My Dr. told me I shouldn't do a whole marathon for reasons I won't go into here, but he said a half marathon would be fine.

So I'm doing one.  January 7th, 2012 in Disney!!!  Yay!


This is a great way to get in shape for my wedding, but it's about way more than that. 


I know families that have lost loved ones to blood cancers.  Team in Training helps to raise money for treatment and cures for Leukemia, and Lymphoma.  I'm running for them. About 10 years ago someone I worked with at Wegmans lost her 2 year old daughter to Leukemia.  It was tragic.  It was my first time being personally impacted by this cancer.  Just a few years ago some friends of our family lost their dad to Leukemia.  When I decided to run a half marathon, I could think of no better way to do it.

So I'll benefit by getting in shape for my big day, and I'll contribute to supporting a worthy cause.  Win win :)

I just built my page, it's nothing special but visit it, and support me if you can!
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/wdw12/kcontario#My-Fundraising-Page

Katie
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment