Tuesday, October 11, 2011

When it rains...

To say that the last few weeks have been bad is a huge understatement.  It seems that everything in our little world that could go wrong has.  Car trouble, leaking bathroom in our VA townhouse, torn ligaments and hospital visit for Nic's hand, and oh could I go on....

I've been a little down in the dumps lately, mostly dwelling on all these yucky things that have plagued us over the last few weeks, but also missing friends and family that I don't get to see.  But now I'm done being blue.  My favorite principal ever, Angie always says "Choose your attitude"  and that's what I am going to do.  Time to look at the bright side, and choose to improve my attitude.

Amazing what a little conversation with MLH can do for my mood to help me see the bright sides.

Bright sides:

It's fall, and that can only mean one thing in my mind PUMPKINS!  If you know me, you know I love them.  They're cute to look at and tasty to eat.  Yes, I've already made a few batches of my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and brought them to boot camp to share.
I've also enjoyed (more than my fair share of) Pumpkin Beer.  Oh my are they good!  Here's a picture so you know what I'm talking about...
see that suraged rim.  It tastes even better than it looks!


College football games are also a bright spot for me.  If you notice behind the pumpkin beer is a U of M jersey.  That's our friend Nick Chang.  Nic and Nick went to U of M together, and love to cheer on their Alma mater together.  We head to the Michigan bar pretty regularly to take in games, drink and eat tasty bar treats, and hang out with friends.

I'm up to running 7 miles at a time.  that's huge for me.  I don't love it to be honest, but it's a necessary evil so that I can fit into a sleek wedding dress.  I am running two half marathons between now and the wedding to make sure I don't look like a wedding cake in that dress!

One last bright side: We are less than 7 months away from being the newest Hunter family!  I can't wait for the week of wedding festivities starting May 5th!

No comments:

Post a Comment