Friday, October 14, 2011

Charming Charms

MLH is a source of unmatched inspiration.  At her wedding, the bridesmaids pulled charms from her cake and were greeted by a (frosting covered) wish from the bride.  After two years -Happy Anniversary MCH and MLH BTW-I still have my four leaf clover charm on my jewelry mat on my dresser.

 The custom of "Ribbon Pulling" charms of luck and good fortune dates back to the Victorian England when the bride hid small charms attached to ribbons within the layers of her wedding cake. The tradition has made a "charming" comeback and is a very sweet Charming gesture.  I love the idea so we're doing it!

While out and about yesterday I picked these up:
and came home to attach the coral blush ribbon.

Now I just need to figure out how to get them under the cake.  MLH-I'm looking to you to help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment