Wednesday, September 14, 2011

ZZZZZZing

I've heard over and over that weddings can bring out the worst in people.  I have learned this tthrough personal experience in the last month.  I was ZZZZZinged by someone who I thought things were cool with.  Apparently, things weren't cool like chill, fine, no problem, they were cool like Cold, Icy, BIG problem. 

Upon receiving said ZZZing via email, I quickly responded in an off the cuff email back.  I did not however hit send.  In the past I probably would have.  For sure...actually. 

Over the last year I've come to a realization-you never know what someone is going through, so you should always be kinder than necessary.  I don't mean that people have a license to walk all over me, but I mean that I will respond in a positive way.  If I can't then I will not respond.  Either way, I've been nicer than necessary.  There have been situations that came up at school or in my personal life where someone was less than friendly.  Instead of getting upset or ZZZZinging back, I've worked to be kind.  It's not easy.  Let me tell you.  I'm half Italian-we wear our feelings on our faces.

I hope the situation that arose will be the only one involving our wedding that fits the saying "Weddings bring out the worst in people."  But if it's not-I'll try to be kinder than necessary.

1 comment:

  1. you are truly one of the most kind, thoughtful, and considerate people I know--when you're NOT trying. ;)
    and I like the BB reference! :)

    ReplyDelete