Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dress shopping

I did my first little bit of dress shopping, which made me self conscious and feel that I should be running two times a day.  Yikes!

About two weeks ago I said something to Nic about wanting a cute shorter dress from WHBM for the wedding.  He was appalled and preceded to describe the dress he thought I should wear.  He clearly sees me differently than I see myself since he described a sleek trumpet style gown.

The girl Nics accompanied me to Priscilla of Boston to tryout these dresses my Nic was describing.   I tried on a bunch, and had a few laughs, took some pics, but mostly I learned that I can NOT pull off the Trumpet style.  At least not yet ;)

Whenever I'm with the girl Nics we have an adventure.  Sometimes it's to the mall in a snowstorm, getting ID'ed for the movies, Michael's to collect items for our cake class (More on that later), getting traffic warnings in Waltham, Bunco nights, Margarita's for you guessed it...Margaritas, or any host of other things.  This time it was sneaking out of the bridal salon.

Let me back up...

Priscilla of Boston is going out of business and liquidating their gowns.  I thought I should go and look-maybe it would prove to be worth the while.

I called the salon and they said no appointments, just come in.  Cool I thought... 

It was raining pretty good on Tuesday.  We decided around 3pm that we'd leave school to go try on dresses.  We bolted out of school piled in my car, drove into the city, and found a parking spot on the very trendy Newbury Street.  Walked quickly to the salon heads down trying not to get soaked. And then we arrived to...

NO service.  The salon had apparently taken going out of business to the next level- Open, but no sales people to help you find your perfect dress.  The Nics ran around the salon grabbing dress after dress for me to try.  The two of them got quite a show as they got me in and out of dresses.  The three of us had lots of laughs and a great time on our own in the changing room.  We were checked on two times by an uninterested sales woman.  As they pulled me out of the last gown, the woman came in and told us there was a fee to try on gowns.  Huh?  A fee you say?  You MUST be kidding!
I looked at the Nics and said let's go, I am not paying a fee to try on a gown, especially when the lady didn't even help us.  No way.  They should be working for my business, there is now way I'm even entertaining a gown from here now.  Had they mentioned that on the phone, we wouldn't even have come in!

We quickly walked to the elevator boarded, and repeatedly pressed the close button.  It was just like on TV, as the lady walked up to stop us, the doors closed and we were off.  Nicole had butterflies because she made eye contact with the lady as we bolted, but Nikki and I just laughed.
We made it back to the car quickly and without being chased or getting too wet.  I was afraid of bad karma after that, so I passed along my parking pass that was good for another 1.5 hrs to the car pulling into my spot.  Had to get some good juju out there to make up for my ducking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment