Friday, November 4, 2011

Just another (birth)day!

So another year has come an gone.  Birthdays don't feel the same as they used to.  I used to get so excited for my birthdays because in our family they were a BIG deal.  My parents still make a big deal about our birthdays, and everyone in my life made this a special day.  A while back I decided that I should do something for my parents on my birthday.  After all they did all the work raising me!  I send them cake and flowers every year along with a thank you for all they do.  It means so much to me to let them know how much I love and appreciate them-and what better day than the day I was brought to their family?!

Nic also worked hard to make this day special.  We typically do a lot for each other's birthdays.  I awoke to a new MacBook from him  (I am currently using it to post this blog entry).  I have been wanting a MacBook for a long time now, and he was so sweet to get it for me.  He also took me out for a great dinner, and got me plane tickets to go see my BFFs in VA in two weeks.  He's so thoughtful!

When I got to school, the lovely ladies I work with greeted me with breakfast and some beautiful flowers.


We went out to celebrate with some friends last Saturday-but not before a grueling road race for me.
I love that my number was 499.  It's our house number :)

I ran a 6.66 mile race in honor of Halloween on Saturday, but it was a horrible run.  I hit the week where I hit the wall.  It was a lousy run, but I felt so much better after talking to Lindsay about it (thanks Linds).  I tweaked some parts of my run and have since had the best runs that I've ever experienced.

We tried a great new restaurant Saturday night with our buds.  The menu was so good, I could not decide what to have.  I have since went to their site written down each meal that tempted me and made them all this week for our dinners!  YUM :)  Here is a picture of Chicken with cranberry cherry chutney, served with smoked collard greens.



The food was great, and then we enjoyed a scorpion bowl at the Kong.  The Kong is a three floor restaurant, lounge and club.  In that order as you go up floors.  My scorpion bowl was missing a few things though...no plastic toys :)
Nic, Nick, Sally, Adrienne, Chris, and I enjoyed this large, strong drink.  Missing Marissa, Julie, and Jen.

All and all this was a pretty spectacular birthday!  Thanks to all of you for your calls, texts, FB messages, cards, presents, flowers, etc.  I definitely felt the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment