Sunday, March 6, 2011

First post

I've never blogged before.  I've never even though of blogging before.  My bestie MLH blogs, and I find reading her therapeutic.  I know she find writing it to be as well, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I recently got engaged, and am excited about the prospect of being his Mrs.  I love him dearly, but am having a hard time finding the motivation to get the planning started.  I know once it starts it will take on a mind of it's own, and I will no longer think of anything else until the wedding is over.  I am kind of enjoying this blissful time of just wearing a sparkly new ring, and I don't want to start.   There I said it.  I don't want to plan this wedding...yet

Another roadblock in planning is the uncertainty of next year.  I traded in my WONDERFUL job in VA for an uncertain job in MA to move with Nic with he goes to Harvard Law.  I like my school, I LOVE my teammates, but I have no idea if my job will be here next year.  The budget it horrible, and I'm facing a possible layoff.  I'm having a hard time starting to think of dates etc. without knowing what next year will bring. 

I think I'll set a goal for myself.  I promised MLH I'd call the OBX realtor about the venue, which I've done.  I have a place booked for the last week of April/first week of May 2012.  It's done.  I've done that. I will set myself a goal of really starting this whole planning thing on May 1, 2011.

I know how unexcited I must sound, but I really am excited to be married to my guy.  Once the uncertainty of next year is at ease, I'll be able to jump right in.  MLH- you're right.  This is very therapeutic!

1 comment:

  1. <3 glad you are doing this!! It'll be fun to have to look back on later. AND, I'm glad you find it therapeutic! I wish I had done this when I was planning my wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete